In this 8-hour Introductory Course you will learn how to safely handle and accurately fire the many types of shotguns from our certified instructors. This introductory course provides the student with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to SAFELY handle, load, fire, and unload/clear most common style of shotguns.
Instruction is in the classroom and on the firing range where you will learn about:
- Safe Gun Handling
- Locking Devices and Storage
- Safe Carry Positions
- Shotgun Action and types
- Optics (Bead Sights, Red Dot, Scopes)
- Ammunition and types
- Loading and Unload/Clearing Procedures
- Live Fire
- Care and Maintenance
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate the safe use, handling, and storage of your shotgun
- Understand how to secure and childproof your shotgun
- Safely Carry a shotgun
- Understand the basic operation of your shotgun
- Understand how to load, shoot, reload, and unload/clear your shotgun
- Demonstrate how to clean and lubricate your shotgun
- Demonstrate how to properly function check your shotgun
You will leave training with confidence in yourself, and the solid foundation you need, so you can continue to advance your knowledge and abilities as a responsible gun owner. Our 8 hour class is guaranteed to familiarize you with your particular type of shotgun. Introduce you to shooting, and accurately hitting the target before you leave. All while in a safe, fun and relaxed environment.
Upon completion of the training you will receive a MARKSMAN LLC Course Certificate of Training
Guarantee: No matter your age, ability, or prior experience. Before our 8 hours are up, you will be shooting with confidence. If by the end of class, you feel we have failed to keep this promise, just say so in class and we will refund your money on the spot! That’s our promise to you!